In Sugarcane Nurseries, generally traditional cutting tools are used for cutting sugarcane buds. however, it is complex, laborious and time consuming work.
Following are some of the reasons of it :
- While cutting sugarcane buds using traditional cutting tools, the sugar buds and remains get mixed. Hence additional efforts requires separating sugarcane buds from the remains.
- While cutting sugarcane buds using traditional cutting tools, it is difficult to main the same size of the sugarcane buds. As a result, 20 to 25% sugarcane buds do not fit in the tray.
- Cutting Sugarcane buds using traditional tools is a very laborious work, hence it requires very skillful labors.
- Blades are grinded from both sides ( top and bottom )
- Also can be made the cutting size suitable to fit in seedling trays
- Available Bud size is fix (3 Inch)
- No power required